“Art does not reproduce the visible; rather, it makes visible”, … I apprehended while living in Paris and visiting and exhibition about Paul Klee.
Years later, Grace Lee Boggs would tell me: “A Newspaper should identify the changes that are happening, so the change can recognize itself”.
That is what I want to try to do with my work.
“Next Stop: Huelva”, 2009
[vimeo 83259156 w=500 h=281]
June 2010. It’s time to harvest the strawberry crop in Huelva. Due to the crisis, an estimated 1,500 un-documented immigrants didn’t find work last season. Clotaire, Ibrahim and Adama are three of them. From their shanty town, they watch 300,000 tons of strawberries roll by, to be sold in supermarkets all over Europe. Clotaire, Ibrahim and Adama don’t earn any money, they are barely surviving. They are thinking about their next stop. The story of 21st century nomadism.
[SPANISH, ENGLISH subtitles]
Codirection and cowritten with Veronica Frenzel and Leonor Jiménez.
Producer: Veronica Frenzel
– Women Art Festival Award of Andalucia 2010. Spain
– Screened in Haus der Kulturen der Welt in Berlin, Germany.
– Co-organized screening with Réseau Education sans Fronteries, Paris, France.
– Screening with SOS Racisme during its Festival Against Racism. Spain
Don’t Forget: Bosnia-Hercegovina. 2007
[vimeo 83690649 w=500 h=375]
DON´T FORGET, is a documentary that narrates the story of three Mostar women Marina, Svigliana and Dzenana. Throughout their daily lives, they tell us how they struggled and coped with the Bosnia-Herzegovina war. Regardless of appearances and community background, we see through their personal stories that they have more in common than what the eye meets.
CoProduction, co-direction and script Helena Sala, Leonor Jiménez, Daniel Carrasco and Carlos Collazos, Clàudia Prat.
– Broadcast on Barcelona TV channel (BTV, September, 2007)
– Award 2nd Prize Best Doc Bauman Festival of Terrassa (2007).
– Festival UniFest Madrid 2007
– Festival Curts Girona. 2007
– Festival el Ojo Cojo. Madrid. 2007
– Festival de Cortos Atenea. Vilacañas. (Spain, 2007)
– Seminar of Peace Construction University of DF (Mexico, 2008).
– Seminar of War Conflicts and Peace. University of Càdiz. (Spain, 2009).
Jalifa Penúltim combat, 2009
[vimeo 23906047 w=500 h=281]
The school Al Qudz, in Barcelona Gotic Quarter, gathered 80 children during the weekends that learned Arab language. The documentary follows the fight of the exboxer Jalifa to save the school from the agressive gentrification proces.
Camera, editing and script.
Co-Direction with Ferran Sales.
Producer: Ferran Sales
Llavors per una altra economia
This film shows the beginnings of the Xarxa d’Economia Solidària de Catalunya, The Social Economy Network of Catalonia (XES). I work collectively with the XES to create the script I organized all the production. In different chapters we show the alternatives in distribution, production and consumption that existed in Catalonia in 2005. Prior to the economic crises, those are the pillars now of the Catalonia post economic-crises.
Commissioned by the Social Economy Network of Catalonia (30 minutes, 2005).
Script and production